My heart, my love, my life

My heart, my love, my life

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bringing them Home!

God is so amazingly good! We are leaving in 3 weeks to bring Muluken and Gifte home to Arkansas!!!! Austin and Kailyn are going to travel with Jared and I, the little girls get a special week with Nana and Grandpa! So far, this has been one of the most amazing journey's of our lives, I can't begin to imagine what it will be like to actually get to meet them and touch their precious faces, after how long we have loved and prayed for children that we have never met. I got to speak to Gifte on the phone a few weeks ago- she has the sweetest voice and seems so happy. The Ethiopian people seem to be so full of joy, even though they are afforded so little in life. It is something that I can definitely learn from.
We are in the process of gathering donations for our trip to bring to the orphanage, clothes, shoes and baby formula. I am also gathering all that we will need to take with us. Imagine being a young child and having nothing..... nothing at all.... The normal everyday things that we take for granted, like underwear and socks- shoes that fit and clothes that are just ours..... Mimi (Jared's mom) has had a great time picking out some flip flops, pajamas, pants and some shirts, as well as underwear and socks!!! Praise Jesus for grandparents :-) She is getting ready to have her hip replaced and will need lots of prayer to get her through so that she can walk well again.
Life has been lots of fun lately. We started school, soccer, football and we are selling our house, trying to buy a new one------ and bringing Muluken and Gifte home. We are praying for God's will and provision in all of it. I can't wait to bring home pictures and tell of our trip. We have the opportunity to fly through Dubai on our way to Ethiopia and Jared is so excited. It should be an amazing adventure, I can't wait to see the reaction that all 4 kids have.
We also have an opportunity to meet their little sister, who they just found and some of our close friends are adopting her. God is so good!

No comments: