My heart, my love, my life

My heart, my love, my life

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Blessed Day

      Today was one of those days.  The kind of days where making it out of my bedroom is a major chore.  Normally I hate days like today but not today.  My back hurts and I am tired.  I am a week out from my Remicade treatment.  This is my hard time but the good news is that it is better then it was last month.  Praise the Lord!  We were able to go to 2 movies yesterday at the dollar theater with the kids and it was fun.  We finally saw Courageous and Dolphin Tales.  Great movies!  My back hurt yesterday and I took my meds and off we went.  There was none of that today but it was still a good day.  I felt sort of sad when I woke up because I knew it was going to be a rough day and it was so pretty outside and I don't like being stuck.  I got a text from a friend and she asked if she could come visit.  She brought her daughter Tigist, who is Muluken and Gifte's biological sister.  So the kids got to play and visit and Elaine and I sat on my bed and talked.  We prayed for a sweet lady in our church who lost her husband today and marveled at how neat it is that in the last few months he had started coming to church.  He was just there this last Sunday morning.  I hope when I see Miss Leona that she will tell me that she is confident that he gave his heart to Jesus.  How faithful she has been to pray for him.  Such a testimony of a prayer warrior and an amazing love for Jesus!  My mom was so sweet and brought my meals to me in bed, loved on my kids, did laundry and let me rest.  The kids ran in and out to update me on their new books for their kindles and to get a hug now and then.  My man worked on our barn.  I am so excited to see the finished result of all the hard work he and my brother and our boys have put into it.  My sister-in-law came over with my nieces and that was so nice.  All in all, while I may have been in bed all day, Jesus didn't leave me here alone.  I know there have been so many other days that I haven't been grateful for the love he has surrounded me with and I am so sorry for that.  I remember the story in the Bible of the 9 who never said thank you and the 1 who did.  I desire to be one who says thank you. Thank you Lord for knowing what I need before I could ever think to ask.  Thank you for the blessing of a sweet day for my entire family!

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! " 1 John 3:1

No comments: